CMAS (Certificate Course in Minimal Access Surgery) or basic training course in Laparoscopic Surgery will start with an introduction to minimal access surgery, its advantage, and disadvantages. The candidates will learn ergonomics, task analysis, and engineering - the three pillars of performing safe laparoscopic surgery. The students will acquire knowledge and develop skills in the following:
- Laparoscopic tower and various instruments placed on it like different types of camera systems, telescopes, monitors, light sources, light cables, insufflators, and energy sources.
- Different reusable and disposables instruments including verees needle, trocars, cannula, and ports.
- Sterilization technique of reusable instruments.
- Various access techniques and top gun drill exercises for getting trained in bimanual hand-eye coordination, ambidexterity, and depth perception.
- The scientific basis of ports placement.
- Laparoscopic extracorporeal and intracorporeal suturing knotting techniques and hands-on training on different energy sources.